THE TECHCAMP EXPERIENCE
The TechCamp experience consists of the following components:
Effective networking is a must-have skill. TechCampers form and establish a professional network that can last a life-time, thus facilitating job placement and career advancement. For example, during each conference, the TechCamp team guides students throughout the conference center, showing them how to interact with technology company representatives who are presenting their products and services.
- TechCamper recruits/ students expand their social networks by establishing relationships with fellow students and conference attendees
- TechCamper recruits attend daily breakfast meetings at the conference hotel and must also dine together for dinner. These "mashup" sessions are designed to collaboratively debrief.
- TechCamper recruits must post daily updates to their social media accounts, e.g. Facebook, Twitter, etc. about their experiences and what they have learned and who they have met.
TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION AND CAREER TRAINING
Students accepted into a TechCamp must take two online basic introductory courses before a TechCamp session:
- Effective Communications, which includes Networking and Job Search Communications, e.g. resume writing, email communication, and social media communications.
- Introduction to Technology, which includes a basic overview of software development (mobile and enterprise), networking concepts, database basics, and customer relationship management systems.